Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TODAY IS WOMEN'S DAY IN ITALY AND MY HUSBAND TOOK ME OUT TO LUNCH...GUESS WHERE?/OGGI E' IL GIORNO DELLA DONNA E MIO MARITO MI HA PORTATO FUORI A PRANZO...INDOVINATE DOVE?

Today is Women's Day here in Sicily, and all over Italy.  Husbands, boyfriends, bosses, friends, relatives bombard us women with bunches of smelly yellow mimosas. Personally I've never liked mimosas. I prefer going   out to eat. So my husband took me out for lunch to ...McDonalds!

 Italian women traditionally go in groups to see Male strip shows.
 What do you do for Women's Day if  there is such a day in your country?

Oggi è il giorno della donna. Non mi piacciono le mimose. Preferisco andare a mangiar fuori. Allora mio marito mi ha portato da ...McDonalds!

Cosa avete fatto per il giorno della donna?

4 comments:

  1. At least you spent some time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was womens day today here as well. What a coincidence its also fat Tuesday! No special celebrations here that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! My husband took me to McDonald's for our first Valentine's Day! I gave him a "do over" the next day, and he did much better in the romance area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 th march is also women's day in Romania....he he- nice1 you are such a nice woman! ( very "alive" - if I can say this :) )

    ReplyDelete