Monday, April 28, 2014

CARAMELLA IS HUNGRY

As you can see from her blog, www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com, my daughter Caramella has a strong attraction to sweets. Today we are making CINNAMON ROLLS, her favorite dessert. To make it healthier, we used WHOLEWHEAT FLOUR. You will find the recipe below, at the end of the pictures.

The TIARA is a gift from my daughter. To remind me that I am QUEEN....  of the KITCHEN!










 
RECIPE:  sprinkle 1 packet of dry yeast on 250 ml warm milk, together with a teaspoon of sugar.  Let it rise. In the meantime, in a large bowl  mix 40 g. softened  butter, 1 ts. salt and 2 T sugar Mix in one whole egg.When the yeast is bubbly,  add it to  the egg mixture together with   200g regular flour, and 200g wholewheat flour. Mix well, then knead for about 5 minutes. Place the dough back in the bowl and let it rise for about one hour, or until doubled in size. When risen, punch it down, roll it out into a triangle and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on it. Roll it up and cut into pieces. Place the pieces in a 9in square or round tin, press them down a bit, and let them rise again for about 20 minutes. Preheat the overn to 200° C. Bake for  15-18 minutes.

16 comments:

  1. baby i love you both
    amazing girls

    NEW OUTFIT IN THE BLOG:
    COMFY AFTERNOON
    http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/comfy-afternoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yummy - I love cinnamon rolls - send them right along. I love your Tiara, oh QUEEN of the kitchen. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks delightful, and both you are the cutest queen and princess of the kitchen I ever seen!!!, Glamour and fabulousness even when cooking!!
    besos, queridas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Francesca,
    Thanks for the recipe. they look delicious.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is gorgeous. My daughter can't boil water, so I HAVE to be queen of the kitchen. Those buns look delish. Wonderful post. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm!!! I, too, have a (very) sweet tooth. But I am too lazy to bake much myself - as long as my Mum is still around and so much better at it than I am... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't but I sure am now! It looks so delicious! I love your princess tiara too! I love wearing them for fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow sembra buonissimaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    , fameeeeeeeeee
    unconventionalsecrets.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes you are the Queen! and your Princess is such a beauty! what delicious buns you have made, I think I may have to have a go and make some myself, they really look tasty x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Francesca, Those are great looking cinnamon rolls! I also love them...and I could eat 3 or so without slowing down. Nice job Caramella! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Premessa: io adoro i cinnamon rolls ma se mi sai fare la cheesecake come quella che fanno negli usa giuro che mi fiondo a trapani!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Che meraviglia di "bambina" che hai, e che brave che siete ^_^
    Allora io porto un pancake e mi prendo una rosellina. Ci state? ^_^

    ReplyDelete