Wednesday, May 13, 2015

JAPANESE LUNCH - HOMEMADE GYOZA AND KIMCHI

Gyoza are dumplings filled with pork meat, cabbage, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Kimchi is a Korean dish (made with  Chinese cabbage,  green onions, garlic, ginger and LOTS of red pepper ) which is extremely popular in Japan.

Making the gyoza wrappers is a bit tricky and it takes practice but they taste so much better than the store-bought ones. All you need is flour, boiling water and a pinch of salt.








12 comments:

  1. Francesca, My wife and I both like kimchi and I love the dumplings although I prefer them fried a little for the texture. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... Me derrito por uno de esos bocados deliciosos!Felicidades por las fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg they look so delicious and easy to make thanks Chef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little bit of work putting together, but so worth it! I really enjoyed your photos along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gyoza. I only made them once but used store bought wrappers. Still a lot of work in the days before I had a food chopper. I love kimchi too and I saw your earlier recipe. I've never made it yet and I'm going to have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No video this time? :-)
    It bouth sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eu nunca comi mas me parecem saborosos a julgar pelo bonito aspecto
    Um ótimo dia para você
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gyoza! It is my favorite meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to come over! such delicious food! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Passando para agradecer tua amável visita e palavras de carinho
    Que o restante da semana seja coroado por inúmeras bênçãos
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so impressed Framcesca! They are perfectly browned and what Japanese would consider mochi mochi and pari pari texture!

    ReplyDelete