Thursday, June 4, 2015

BLINY

Bliny are made with a yeast batter and a mixture of buckwheat flour and white flour.

Ingredients:  6 T warm water, 1 packet dry yeast, 6 T buckwheat flour, 250 g. white flour, 350 ml warm milk, 3 egg yolks, 1/2 t. salt, 1 T sugar, 6 T butter melted, 1/2  cup sour cream, 3 egg whites.


Mix the two flours and add the yeast and warm milk. Stir well, and let it stand for 2 hours. Then add the egg yolks, salt, sugar, 2 T melted butter, and half a cup of sour cream. Beat the egg whites and add them to the mixture. Brush a hot grill with butter and cook the bliny.












8 comments:

  1. Francesca, Bliny are like buckwheat pancakes... I really like them but I can't get my better half to eat them...any pancakes, no matter what the ingredients. So, I'll just have to live vicariously for now...gazing at your bliny! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. No video this time? Was your camera man (or woman) not available? :-)
    Never tried Bliny myself but I am sure they are delicious. What do you eat with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious I wish I could have one now. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bliny kinda look like the pancakes my Mum used to make. WE still make em once in a while. Love Pancakes, probably would love Bliny too. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Francesca,
    It looks delicious!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delicious! you always inspire and make me very hungry! x x x

    ReplyDelete