Saturday, April 16, 2016

AN ITALIAN HERO: GARIBALDI IN MARSALA

Giuseppe Garibaldi is our national hero.  He landed in Sicily with his "Mille" (one thousand soldiers), specifically in Marsala.

Well, wouldn't you know it, in Marsala there is a Trattoria named after him...TRATTORIA GARIBALDI. 



Here is the oven where they make fresh pizza and all their delicious food 



A huge selection of ANTIPASTI  (appetizers)


The tastiest fettuccine with ragù


A magnificent CASSATA SICILIANA


If you come to Sicily I highly recommend this trattoria. You will find it on Piazza Addolorata 36 in Marsala. 

8 comments:

  1. Francesca, Great looking little place and the antipasti looks terrific. I was unaware that Garibaldi was against the Papacy and that he spent so much time in South America and even in the USA. His presence in New York is marked by a National Landmark. Check it out at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garibaldi-Meucci_Museum. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garibaldi era un buongustaio, avrebbe apprezzato questo post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a lovely place, but if I come all that way, I would expect you to eat lunch with me. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely place, the kind that makes me miss Italy so much. And that cassata is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make ma wanna go to Sicily with your post! I´ve been in Italy almost 14 years ago and I miss it so much! I need to go there soon :-*

    Melanie / www.inblushandblack.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete