Friday, April 22, 2016

Cool, comfortable and iconic

Summer is almost here and I'm already starting to put away my winter clothes. Jackets, coats, woolens...they are all folded, packed and ready to be carried to the basement.

What will I replace them with? Loads of T-shirts, shorts and capris. Speaking of capris, did you know that they were created in 1948 by Sonja de Lennart of Prussia? She named them after the island of Capri, much loved by her wealthy family.  There's also  a bit of gossip that goes with capris....in the United States, Mary Tyler Moore caused an uproar when she wore them on TV in the Dick Van Dyke show! 


Well, I certainly will cause a sensation when I go around wearing these tight-fitting capris which I found on Esprit. They are stretch so you will get a nice curvy-figure.

Here are three of my favorites:

Blue dark  jeans, classic style with 5 pockets, they easily adapt to your figure.



These are also stretch jeans, casual, standard blue color 

Black stretch capris, with two front pockets and two back pockets. I like the cut and ... look at the SPIKED belt!  Love it!

Judy Garland and Fred Astaire sang "In June, July and August we look cute when we're dressed in shorts".  That's just how I will look  when I wear these adorable coral shorts  :)  You will swoon  over the color, perfect for spring and summer. 


To complete the outfits, I will add this pretty striped red  t-shirt. Light and loose fitting, it will cool you down during the heat of the summer. 

This  attractive coral polo shirt combined with capris or shorts will bring you down memory lane, to the beach parties of the 1960s.

You can find all of these exquisite items on ESPRIT





36 comments:

  1. Lovely spring/early summer wardrobe! It's been gorgeous here the past few days, but a severe drop in temperature is forecast for the weekend - there could even be some last snow flurries!! So, no putting away of my winter things just yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning collection comfy at best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all! I'm going to have to go to the Esprit website and see what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like capris and it was interesting to hear a bit about the original designer. I think most women love capris because they are shorter yet cover up the leg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ma sei fantastica! Bellissimo il rosso, lo amo anch'io e a te dona tantissimo!
    unospicchiodimelone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Devo dire che i primi jeans sono proprio il mio genere! Anche qui oggi fa freddino mannaggia....
    http://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your post! Very nice stories and lovely outfits!
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adoro Esprit. Buona domenica Francesca!!Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I love capri pants and have taken mine out of the drawers already. Sadly, temperatures have dropped again over here so it will be another few weeks before I can actually wear them. Have a great day!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this. Awesome images too. Have a great new week!

    Style For Mankind
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea that was the origin of Capris!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Francesca, So now I know the origins of the Capri pant! I would have never guessed that they were invented by a Prussian...an ancestral background that I share. These are my wife's favorite pant...spring, summer and fall. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. bellisima selezione! io adoro i jeans capri...e spero andare a isola Capri un giorno:)

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the casual chic pieces you picked out, thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao cara!
    Ho appena scoperto il tuo bellissimo blog e mi sono iscritta, così possiamo restare in contatto :)
    A presto,
    Maddalena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ciao cara!
    Ho appena scoperto il tuo blog e mi sono iscritta con piacere <3
    A presto :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Such a sweet and lovely post! Love the selection, I would totally wear that coral shorts and capri jeans, they are super versatile and comfortable.

    Kisses Ashon
    http://ashonfashionary.com/utility-jacket-lace-up-ballerinas/

    ReplyDelete
  19. ciao!!! I love italian bloggers I added

    ReplyDelete

  20. Me llamo Camino y soy bloguer de ANDORRA:www.lamodaencamino.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank the Goddess for stretch jeans, that's all I can say. They are sooooooo comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks! Those pants are all so fabulous!
    Happy Monday, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bellissima selezione, tutti capi must per l'estate! :D
    Baci!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice selection

    http://www.blackdressinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Grazie per essere passata. Bella carrellata primaverile a me gli short rossi mi fanno impazzire
    To me new post
    TORINO COMICS 2016
    babaluccia.blogspot.com
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Grazie per essere passata. Bella carrellata primaverile a me gli short rossi mi fanno impazzire
    To me new post
    TORINO COMICS 2016
    babaluccia.blogspot.com
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Buona giornata Francy! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great denim picks - awesome and chic!
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want a pair of those capris!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So chic and perfect for summer! Love your choices!

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete