Sunday, September 10, 2017

A cloudy day in Sicily.

It was very windy and cloudy today so I thought I would put the oven  on and bake. What better dessert than the classic American Apple pie. This recipe is from my vintage Betty Crocker Picture Cook Book.

For the filling you need 7 Granny Smith apples, 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup water and 1 T lemon juice. Put everything in a pan and cook till the apples are tender. Then mix 1/4 cup flour with 2 T sugar and add to the apples. Cook for about a minute.  Turn off the fire and let the apples cool down.

For the crust:  2 cups flour, 180 g. butter, chopped, a pinch of salt. Put these in a mixer and blend. Then add about 5 T of ice water.  Divide the pastry in two. Roll out one-half and place it in the pie dish. Add the cooled apple filling. Roll out the other half and cover the pie. Cut some slits on the crust to let the heat out.

Cook at 220° C for about 40 minutes. 













7 comments:

  1. Francesca, There is very little that is much better than a nice slice of freshly baked apple pie! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I am just waiting for an apple and quince crumble to come out of the oven :-) Cloudy and cool here as well winter is on its way. Hoe I hate the cold!!! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very tasty !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!

    You have a nice blog!

    Would you like to follow each other? (f4f) Let me know on my blog with a comment! ;oD

    Have a great day!

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    I follow you too! ;oD

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.com

    ReplyDelete