Thursday, October 7, 2021

The original Sicilian ANISETTE biscuits ----Biscotti all'anice

 My American friends probably know what I'm talking about when I say Anisette ....the delicious anice cookies made famous by STELLA D'ORO.  In New York I used to eat them every morning. My mom would make me tea and I would dip the Stella D'Oro cookies in the tea. The most delicious breakfast ever! After which I would hop on the bus and go to school.


Well, here in Sicily these are very popular cookies. Whenever I used to come to Sicily to visit my father he would take me to Castellammare del Golfo where at the time they made the best Anisette cookies, and buy me one kilogram for me to take back to Rome, where I lived in the 80s. 


Nowadays the best anice cookies are made by MEETCAFFE, a coffee shop where they make a great coffee and delicious sweets (cannolis etc). Here are the ANISETTE they made just for me. Don't they look inviting?




























3 comments:

  1. Francesca, My wife loves anisette cookies by Stella D'Oro and she buys them from a specialty food shop a couple times a year...and then pigs out on them. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never liked the taste or smell of aniseed, but give me pasta di mandorle and I'll be your friend for ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscotti is hands down my favorite treat with a good strong coffee...
    I love the anise extract in this!
    And sometimes a glass or two of Strega...Buono! Saluti! :O).
    🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ 🍁 πŸ‚ πŸƒ

    ReplyDelete