Saturday, May 28, 2022

PENNY LOAFERS ARE BACK!

 Remember those comfortable penny loafers we used to wear in school in the 1960s? Well, they are back ... at least here in Italy. The famous Italian women's magazine DONNA MODERNA did an article on them.  

It brought me back to my high school days when we wore penny loafers with our dress uniform. Did we feel elegant in them! Here is a picture of me and my best friend on 187th St. and Belmont Avenue in the Bronx. Our high school was Mother Butler Memorial H.S. ?


Aren't  we fashionable and glamorous?






And here is the article on Penny Loafers in Donna Moderna. 






2 comments:

  1. I remember penny loafers. I had a pair and looked for the shiniest pennies I could find to put in them. How fun that they are coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! Were you celebrating someone’s birthday, what with holding balloons?

    ReplyDelete